PickMe is the most successful local Tech Startup to date, funded by a consortium of local investors and IFC (a sister company of World Bank). As the front runner in the country’s digital revolution, PickMe is shaping the future of mobility in Sri Lanka. PickMe has proven to be an essential mobility infrastructure for the country during the Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring the livelihood of many and facilitating the new way of life. Our technology is 100% home grown, built by local engineering talent using world class technology.
- Design and Development of Data products such as recommendation engines and predictive models that deliver high-quality consumer experiences.
- Measure effectiveness of strategic feature rollouts through structured experiments.
- Empower operational teams with performance insights on various business functions such as marketing campaigns, promotions, loyalty programs etc.
- Communicate analysis findings to technical and non-technical audiences through various modes such as presentations, reports etc.
- Working in a fast-paced collaborative agile scrum environment handling multiple technical dependencies with 5-6 scrum teams at any given time.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Engineers and DevOps teams to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Involvement in the entire SDLC of new features/use cases from the ideation stage to the production deployment in a well phased and planned manner with a strong focus towards DataOps.
- Mentoring and guiding junior engineers in the team.
- BSc in Mathematics / Statistics or equivalent.
- MSc in Mathematics / Statistics / Machine Learning would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a proven track record of solving complex problems
- Thorough understanding of data mining algorithms & machine learning models, and the practical usage of such algorithms/models to provide solutions for business problems.
- Strong foundation and hands-on experience in one or more of the following programming languages,
Scala, Python, R, HiveQL and SQL
- Solid understanding in descriptive statistics, inferential statistics and regression.
- Solid understanding in calculus, matrix manipulations, linear algebra, eigenvalues /eigenvectors, integrals etc.
- Solid understanding in data wrangling techniques such as string manipulations, regular expressions, mathematical transformations, parsing of common file formats such as JSONs / XMLs etc.
- Solid understanding in experiment design including, A/B testing, Multi-Armed Bandit, Sample Size and Power Law, Confidence Level, Bayesian statistics, Bootstrapping, Simulation techniques etc.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in applying supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning and deep learning techniques to solve real-world predictive analytics problems.
- Solid understanding of data visualization techniques and experience in using some of the common tools.
- Solid communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in guiding/mentoring junior engineers.
- Prior experience with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in Hadoop / Spark / Hive development will be an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org